- Do I need to create a Candidate Profile to search for a job? No, the online application system allows you to search for jobs without creating a Candidate Profile.
- Can I have multiple Candidate Profiles? No, you can only have one Candidate Profile. However, you can edit your Candidate Profile to keep it current.
- Can I edit my Candidate Profile or job application through the Data Overview on the "Review/Release" screen? No, the Data Overview simply pulls information from preceding screens and compiles an overall view of your profile or application. If you need to make edits, you must locate the application screen on which the correction needs to be made (e.g., Work Experience) and make changes accordingly.
Saving Partially Completed Applications
- If I am in the application and need to leave the computer, is it possible to continue that application without starting from scratch? You will be logged out after 30 minutes of inactivity. You will be able to pick up where you left off if you have a Username and password.
You can establish a Username and Password:
- By creating a candidate profile and choosing a Username and password
- By searching for and applying for a job directly, a Username and password will be created and emailed to you.
To retrieve an incomplete application, login to the online application system:
- Select the Job Opportunities Tab, and then select the My Applications link.
- Applications that are not complete are classified as "Draft".
- To apply for a job, or to delete/withdraw a partial application, select the box to the left of the application you want to work with, and select the appropriate button at the bottom of the screen.
Top of Page
Forgot Username and Password
- I have forgotten my Username. What should I do? You can retrieve a forgotten Username by:
- Selecting the User Name Forgotten link that appears in the lower right of the Logon page.
- Enter the email address that you specified when you first applied or registered.
- Click "Request User Name" button.
Your username will be emailed to you. After you are logged in, you may change your Username if desired.
- I have forgotten my password. What should I do? You can retrieve a forgotten password by:
- Selecting the Password Forgotten link that appears in the lower right of the Logon page, or the Request a forgotten password link that appears on the USPS Careers home page.
- Enter the user name and email address that you specified when you first applied or registered.
- Click "Reset Password" button.
Instructions to reset your password will be emailed to you. Follow the instructions in the email to change your password. Please change your password to something you will remember and write it down for future use.
Top of Page
Was this article helpful?
Share this article