How can I Find Information about Former Postal Employees?


The United States Postal ServiceĀ® Historian maintains information about Postmasters and Post Offices for a twenty-year period. After that the information is retired to the National Archives, Records Administration Office. You may be able to get additional information by writing this office at:

8601 Adelphi Road
College Park, MD 20740-6001

Also, as information, personnel records for all former Federal employees, including Postal Service employees, are located in the National Personnel Records Center in St. Louis, Missouri. You may write to the Records Center at:

1 Archives Drive
St. Louis, MO 63138-1002

Telephone: 314-801-0800
Fax: 314-801-9195

The National Personnel Records Center, Civilian Records Facility (NPRC-CPR) maintains and will furnish by mail extant personnel records for federal employees whose service ended after about 1910. Researchers requesting records from the center should provide the full name of the employee, date of birth, social security number if known, name of agency where last employed, and place and approximate dates of employment.




Add Feedback