Postal Explorer is a virtual library of postal information designed for business mailers.
- It puts a wealth of postal information at your fingertips in an easy-to-use format.
- The powerful search feature lets you quickly find information in a single publication or across a range of publications.
- You can also view a publication by pressing on the publication title.
The Postal Explorer main page can be accessed at http://pe.usps.com.
Postal Explorer documents include:
- Price List (Notice 123)
- The Price List contains all domestic and international prices and fees for customers and small and large mailers in a concise and accessible manner. This is a convenient reference tool when you are not at a computer.
- Domestic Mail Manual (DMM)
- The Domestic Mail Manual contains the USPS® standards for domestic mail services; a description of and requirements for each mail class, extra services, and ancillary services and conditions governing their use and the standards for cost eligibility and mail preparation.
- International Mail Manual (IMM)
- The International Mail Manual contains the USPS standards for international mail services; a description of postage fees, classification and regulations for international mail.
- Quick Service Guides
- Quick Service Guides provide a 2-page overview of the standards for a particular postal fee, service, or preparation method. Page one typically summarizes prices, eligibility, and other standards, the second page typically summarizes mail preparation standards and / or overviews of mailpiece design and other information. For ease-of-use, the Quick Service Guides are linked to further details in the DMM.
- Customer Support Rulings
- Customer Support Rulings are to be used in conjunction with the DMM standards. They were created to assist postal personnel and customers with interpreting, clarifying, and applying the meaning of the standards contained in the DMM. Because they are based on requirements current when issued, future rulings may supplement, amend, or supersede the present rulings.
- Postal Addressing Standards (Pub. 28)
- Postal Addressing Standards describes standardized address formats for mail. Developed by the Postal Service and the mailing industry, standardized addresses enhance mail processing and delivery while reducing undeliverable-as-addressed mail. This publication includes standard abbreviations for streets, counties, highways, and business terms. It also includes Address Information Systems products and services.
- Nonprofit USPS Marketing Mail Eligibility (Pub. 417)
- Nonprofit USPS Marketing Mail Eligibility discusses eligibility, authorization, and mailing requirements for Nonprofit USPS Marketing Mail™ (formerly S