How do I Report Safety Concerns / Accidents Involving the USPS®?

How do I report Safety Concerns about the USPS (accidents, unsafe driving, unsafe vehicle, etc.)?

Accidents and perceived safety violations involving postal vehicles should be referred to the local Post Office™. Post Office practices that you may see as unsafe can be reported to 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777). Your concern will be documented and forwarded to local management.

Who do I contact when I've been involved in an accident with a USPS vehicle?

When involved in an accident with a USPS vehicle, you should follow all appropriate state laws for dealing with an automobile accident. If you are unable to speak with the driver of the other vehicle to gain the needed legal information, contact the Post Office or the local police.


To find your local Post Office, use the Post Office Locator or contact us at 1-800-ASK-USPS (1-800-275-8777).

Add Feedback