USPS Global Shipping Software (GSS) is a software package that guides your business through the international shipping process. GSS creates international mailing labels and completes customs forms, postage statements, and manifests to prepare your business packages for export screening and shipping.
With GSS, your business can:
- Pay with a Permit Imprint at a discounted postage rate.
- Create the required mailing labels and customs forms.
- Forward package data to streamline export compliance.
- Receive package processing details and tracking information in a data file.
GSS provides the following international services to businesses:
- Accepts package information on-screen or electronically, reducing or eliminating user data entry.
- Assigns individual package-identification (tracking) numbers.
- Calculates postage prices.
- Generates mailing labels, customs forms, postage statements, and manifests (including PS Form 3700, PS Form 3152, and the Detailed Manifest form).
- Offers extra services like insurance, return receipt, and Certificate of Mailing for purchase.
GSS is available at no cost to qualifying business mailers. All GSS customers must:
- Use Permit Imprint for postage.
- Have a Manifest Mailing System authorization letter (or previously-approved service agreement) as set forth in DMM 705.2.0.
- Follow applicable weight and/or volume requirements for both Permit Imprints and manifesting.
- A PC running Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7.
- Internet Explorer 6 or higher.
- A label printer that has Windows drivers and is capable of generating 4-inch by 6-inch labels.
- A local or networked document printer.
- Reliable Internet connection.
E-mail GSS Sales (firstname.lastname@example.org) to get started. If you require any technical assistance with the software, e-mail email@example.com.