Refunds are processed when:
- USPS® systems do not indicate any barcode scan events for the Every Door Direct Mail mailing and when there is no other evidence that the mailing was delivered.
- USPS® systems do not indicate that a refund has been previously requested or processed for the Every Door Direct Mail® mailing.
How do I request a refund for an order paid at a Post Office™?
- Instructions to request a refund at the local Post Office™:
For Every Door Direct Mail – Retail® mailings purchased at a Post Office, whether initiated online or directly at the Post Office, refunds can only be provided at the Post Office of Mailing where the purchase occurred with a completed PS Form 3533.
Instructions to request a refund for orders placed online with credit card:
- Sign into the Every Door Direct Mail® tool.
- Click on "Order History."
- Click on the "View Details" hyperlink for the order you created.
- Click on "Show Details" blue hyperlink to expand your order details (Drop off Post Office™ information listed. You may request a refund for your entire order or select individual drop-off locations for a refund.).
- Examine the "Order Details" and click on "Request a Refund" button (this button will be active if the order has not been inducted or refunded).
- Click on the "Submit Request" button.
How do I request a refund for an order paid by permit?
Instructions to request a refund when using permit:
- If the order has not been completed in the Postal Wizard, or the mailing has not been inducted at a BMEU, your account will not be charged.
- If you have inducted your BMEU mailing and would like to request a refund for a mailing that you reclaimed, you will need to request a refund through the BMEU associated with the permit used to pay for the order and fill out a PS 3533 form, Application for Refund of Fees, Products and Withdrawal of Customer Accounts.
- For more information, please visit http://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/604.htm#1080980 to review the “Exchanges and Refunds” section in the Domestic Mail Manual.
How long will it take to receive a refund?
Please allow 30 days for your credit card account statement to reflect this refund, as the processing of the refund is dependent upon your financial institution's policy.
Can I request a refund for an individual route if I change my mind after completing an order?
No. Refunds can only be granted for full orders or for individual Post Office™ drop-off locations at this time.
I paid for my order online--why can’t I request a refund for it?
Online refunds can only be granted for mailings that have not been inducted or refunded. If you feel you should be entitled to a refund, please call 877-747-6249.