- Customized MarketMail® pieces can be constructed of virtually any material, including paper, cardstock, cardboard, foam, rubber, plastic, etc.
- Pieces may not contain sharp edges that could harm USPS® employees or customers and must be sufficiently flexible to be inserted into smaller Post Office™ boxes and mail boxes.
- Difference from other die-cut mail
- Customized MarketMail service allows you to avoid enclosing non-rectangular, die-cut pieces in an envelope or box. This eliminates the costs incurred designing a container for your message while differentiating your message and making it immediately visible.
- The Postal Service™ does not produce Customized MarketMail® (CMM) pieces.
- Virtually any commercial printer capable of manufacturing die-cuts is capable of manufacturing and printing creative, high-impact CMM pieces. Check with your current printer, creative agency or mail house to see if they can have your CMM piece manufactured for you.
- A list of printers who have indicated they are capable of producing CMM pieces is listed on the Customized MarketMail website (https://www.usps.com/customizedmarketmail/_pdf/cmm-prospective-manufacturers-list.pdf).
- Size and Weight Standards
- Weight no more than 3.3 ounces
- 3 1/2 to 12 inches high
- 5 to 15 inches in length; the length is the longest dimension of the mailpiece.
- Pieces can be perfectly square or round, with the same height and length.
- Pieces need not be uniform in thickness, but must be no less than .007 inches at the thinnest point and no more than 3/4 inches at the thickest point.
Benefits of Customized MarketMail®
Deliver a highly targeted message that differentiates your product!
- Achieve business objectives - Customized MarketMail service is suitable for a variety of objectives -- launching new products, announcing events, generating brand awareness or driving business to your store or website.
- Make an impact - Dazzle your customers with never-before-seen Direct Mail creativity and help establish a strong brand identity.
- Think outside the envelope - Provide the attention-getting power of a dimensional piece without hiding it in an envelope.
- Overcome the clutter - Push your creative limits to deliver a marketing experience that attracts customer attention and encourages a response.
- Shape it up - Experiment with non-rectangular, unique shapes such as circular, oblong, triangular, square... anything goes!
- Cut it out - Design your Customized MarketMail pieces to include die-cuts, voids or holes, and benefit from the ability to mail them without an envelope.
- Get flexible - Customized MarketMail service allows you to use a variety of flexible materials to create high-impact mail piece of non-uniform thickness.
- Showcase your business - Shape your mailpiece to immediately demonstrate your product or service, for example cars, shoes, computers or pizza.
- Stick around - The more unique the mail piece, the more likely consumers are to retain and share it with friends and family, thereby extending the life of your message.