Parcel Return Service (PRS) allows consumers to return merchandise to merchants without paying postage. This service is somewhat similar to Merchandise Return Service in that it allows consumers to return parcels to merchants at the merchant's expense. It benefits the merchant by providing an inexpensive return method so they can offer free return to their customers.
Parcel Return Service Features
- You need only affix the label and drop off parcels at any Postal Service™ facility. Parcel drop off can be done by:
- Handing it to a mailperson
- Placing it in a Collection Box® or any location designated by the Postal Service for the receipt of mail
- Scheduling a Package Pickup.
- Consumers can use barcode number to confirm when the Merchant has retrieved the package.
- Certificate of Mailing is the only extra service that consumers have the option of buying when they drop off their packages at a Post Office™.
- Merchants can electronically monitor the status of returned parcels.
- Low cost return service for Merchants
- Quicker return to Merchants
- Participating merchants will be able to schedule collection at their convenience
- 2 categories to further provide discounts to merchants:
- Parcel Select Return Delivery Unit (Parcel Select RDU)
- Parcel Select Return Sectional Center Facilities (Parcel Select RSCF)
- You no longer have to bring returns to their local Post Office but will have the option to schedule a pickup.