How do I Inquire about an item Mailed using Registered Mail?

Registered Mail Inquiries

  • What form should I fill out regarding an inquiry about a domestic Registered Mail item?

    To file an inquiry for a Registered Mail item, you can do it online or by mail. Further instructions can be found at "Where Do I File a Domestic Insurance Claim with the Postal Service™?".

    • This form can also be used to file a Claim for:
      • Insured Mail (includes any mail class purchased with Insurance, i.e. First-Class Mail, Priority Mail)
      • Registered Mail™
      • Collect On Delivery (COD)
      • Priority Mail Express International™ (at any value)
    • You will need to provide proof of mailing by submitting your registered receipt, which includes the mailpiece’s article number. You also need evidence of insurance, proof of damage / loss, and proof of value, such as an invoice or sales slip.

Add Feedback