- Mail is given preferential handling to the extent practical
- Provides additional care for plants, animals, and sensitive items and merchandise
- Unless sent by First-Class Mail®, First-Class Package Service®, Priority Mail®, or Priority Mail Express®, Special Handling-Fragile is required for parcels containing honeybees or baby poultry
- Travels at the same speed of the class of mail it was sent. Special Handling-Fragile does not provide preferential delivery.
- Does NOT insure articles against loss or damage
- Must be marked "Special Handling-Fragile" (or S.H.-Fragile)
- Except for parcels containing cremated remains, which are either marked as such or have Label 139 affixed.
WHERE TO PURCHASE & COST
Special Handling-Fragile Service can only be purchased at a Post Office™ and the fee is $10.25, in addition to postage.
MAIL/SHIPPING SERVICES AVAILABLE WITH SPECIAL HANDLING-FRAGILE
- Priority Mail Express®
- Priority Mail®
- First-Class Package Service®
- First-Class Mail®
- USPS Retail Ground™
- Parcel Select®
- Bound Printed Matter
- Library Mail
- Media Mail®
EXTRA SERVICES THAT COMBINE WITH SPECIAL HANDLING-FRAGILE
- Collect on Delivery (COD)
- Signature Confirmation™
- Return Receipt (if purchased with insurance over $500.00, COD, Registered Mail, or Signature Confirmation Restricted Delivery)
- Return Receipt for Merchandise